Smash, Glee, and Work It: How Did the TV Networks Rank on LGBT Content?
BY Michelle Garcia
August 30 2012 7:40 AM ET
The CW - "Good"
524 Total Hours of Prime-Time Programming
152 LGBT-Inclusive Hours (29% or 121 gay, 72 bisexual, 45 lesbian, and five transgender)
Inclusive shows: America's Next Top Model, 90210, The L.A. Complex, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Supernatural
Room for Improvement: As long as The L.A. Complex can hang in there and America's Next Top Model continues, the network will have a decent base of LGBT-inclusive content. The addition of The Carrie Diaries and Emily Owens, M.D., which features a lesbian character, will likely also boost the network's rating.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model