Smash, Glee, and Work It: How Did the TV Networks Rank on LGBT Content?
BY Michelle Garcia
August 30 2012 8:40 AM ET
The CW - "Good"
524 Total Hours of Prime-Time Programming
152 LGBT-Inclusive Hours (29% or 121 gay, 72 bisexual, 45 lesbian, and five transgender)
Inclusive shows: America's Next Top Model, 90210, The L.A. Complex, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Supernatural
Room for Improvement: As long as The L.A. Complex can hang in there and America's Next Top Model continues, the network will have a decent base of LGBT-inclusive content. The addition of The Carrie Diaries and Emily Owens, M.D., which features a lesbian character, will likely also boost the network's rating.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader 1 hour 9 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? 1 hour 14 min ago
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! 2 hours 45 min ago
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. 2 hours 48 min ago
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' 8:03 PM
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude 8:00 PM
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 6:34 PM