Smash, Glee, and Work It: How Did the TV Networks Rank on LGBT Content?
BY Michelle Garcia
August 30 2012 8:40 AM ET
Fox - "Good"
722 Total Hours of Prime-Time Programming
176.5 LGBT-Inclusive Hours (24% or 121 bisexual, 97 gay, 53 lesbian, and seven transgender)
Inclusive shows: Glee, The Cleveland Show, The Simpsons, American Dad, House, Bones, The Finder, New Girl, Touch, and Raising Hope, So You Think You Can Dance
Room for Improvement: House, which featured bisexual character Thirteen, is no longer on the air, and Bones's bisexual character Angela Montenegro's sexual orientation has been seemingly glossed over for quite a while. Beside Travis Wall's appearances on So You Think You Can Dance, Fox's reality programming has been somewhat sparse when it comes to gay contestants. Allen Gregory, which featured a young boy being raised by two dads (though the sexual orientation of one of the dads was questionable) was canceled. As GLAAD said in the report, the show would have been a good addition to Fox's roster of animated characters, but it turned out to be rather offensive and stereotypical, and audiences had a hard time warming up to the show.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination 2 hours 30 min ago
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias March 10 2014 6:08 PM