Smash, Glee, and Work It: How Did the TV Networks Rank on LGBT Content?
BY Michelle Garcia
August 30 2012 8:40 AM ET
Fox - "Good"
722 Total Hours of Prime-Time Programming
176.5 LGBT-Inclusive Hours (24% or 121 bisexual, 97 gay, 53 lesbian, and seven transgender)
Inclusive shows: Glee, The Cleveland Show, The Simpsons, American Dad, House, Bones, The Finder, New Girl, Touch, and Raising Hope, So You Think You Can Dance
Room for Improvement: House, which featured bisexual character Thirteen, is no longer on the air, and Bones's bisexual character Angela Montenegro's sexual orientation has been seemingly glossed over for quite a while. Beside Travis Wall's appearances on So You Think You Can Dance, Fox's reality programming has been somewhat sparse when it comes to gay contestants. Allen Gregory, which featured a young boy being raised by two dads (though the sexual orientation of one of the dads was questionable) was canceled. As GLAAD said in the report, the show would have been a good addition to Fox's roster of animated characters, but it turned out to be rather offensive and stereotypical, and audiences had a hard time warming up to the show.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Military PHOTOS: Shirtless, Sweaty Naval Academy Freshman Climb Greased Obelisk 42 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Amy Schumer and Amber Tamblyn Watch Porn and Make Out 13 min 20 sec ago
- Art When Shel Silverstein Covered Fire Island for Playboy 21 min 56 sec ago
- Entertainment News Filmmaker Needs Help to Penetrate the South 1 hour 4 min ago
- Commentary NYC Hate Crimes: Why I'm Afraid for First Time in My Life 1 hour 21 min ago
- Women WATCH: Portia de Rossi Spills Ellen's Most Annoying Habit to Jennifer Aniston 1 hour 44 min ago
- Living Well Why Shacking Up Is Good For Your Health 1 hour 50 min ago