X Factor's Drag Contestant Performs Rousing 'Born This Way'
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 13 2012 2:31 PM ET
Quatrele Da’an Smith, an X Factor contestant on last night's season 2 premiere, surprised judges Britney Spears, Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid, and Demi Lavato when he walked onstage dressed as a bride to perform Lady Gaga's empowerment anthem "Born This Way."
"I'm going to go our there and slay that stage," Smith said before his performance. The judges initially chuckled or rolled their eyes at his appearance, with Reid asking if he was getting married today. Smith, who works in a bakery, quickly won over the judges and the audience with his confidence and defiance.
Watch the clip below.
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'