X Factor's Drag Contestant Performs Rousing 'Born This Way'
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 13 2012 1:31 PM ET
Quatrele Da’an Smith, an X Factor contestant on last night's season 2 premiere, surprised judges Britney Spears, Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid, and Demi Lavato when he walked onstage dressed as a bride to perform Lady Gaga's empowerment anthem "Born This Way."
"I'm going to go our there and slay that stage," Smith said before his performance. The judges initially chuckled or rolled their eyes at his appearance, with Reid asking if he was getting married today. Smith, who works in a bakery, quickly won over the judges and the audience with his confidence and defiance.
Watch the clip below.
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Follow 24 Hours in LGBT America 43 min 22 sec ago
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: Russian Doll? 9:18 AM
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 7:00 AM
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 6:30 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 5:00 AM
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 4:00 AM
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM