X Factor's Drag Contestant Performs Rousing 'Born This Way'
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 13 2012 2:31 PM ET
Quatrele Da’an Smith, an X Factor contestant on last night's season 2 premiere, surprised judges Britney Spears, Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid, and Demi Lavato when he walked onstage dressed as a bride to perform Lady Gaga's empowerment anthem "Born This Way."
"I'm going to go our there and slay that stage," Smith said before his performance. The judges initially chuckled or rolled their eyes at his appearance, with Reid asking if he was getting married today. Smith, who works in a bakery, quickly won over the judges and the audience with his confidence and defiance.
Watch the clip below.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers