At Drag Queen Premiere, A Shade of Politics
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 17 2012 11:30 AM ET
Above: Mimi Imfurst in a mellow moment.
Though the national debates have remained silent about LGBT issues, there were many at the Drag party more than willing to address the pink elephant in the room.
“We are all created equally,” stated Tiffany Pollard, known by her reality television moniker New York. “We all demand a certain amount of love and respect. Everybody is their own leader. Whoever doesn’t get with that? Shut the fuck up. I’m so sick of people telling other people what to do.”
“I should be president next,” she added.
“It’s very important to vote this year,” said Pandora Boxx, whose single “Nice Car, Shame About Your Penis” is forthcoming. “You have one presidential candidate who is very adamantly against gay people and gay rights. And you have the first sitting president ever to speak out for gay people. So it’s a very crucial year.”
“You can’t sit on your ass and complain,” urged Drag Race judge Michelle Visage later in the evening. “If you want to do something, fucking vote.”
And who has RuPaul’s vote?
“Oh, I think you know who I’m rooting for,” he concluded, in his trademark laugh.
UPDATE: Willam Belli has informed The Advocate that he was working the red carpet as press for New Now Next. He will also make an appearance in an upcoming episode of Glee.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Art When Shel Silverstein Covered Fire Island for Playboy 4 min 35 sec ago
- Entertainment News Filmmaker Needs Help to Penetrate the South 46 min 49 sec ago
- Commentary NYC Hate Crimes: Why I'm Afraid for First Time in My Life 1 hour 4 min ago
- Women WATCH: Portia de Rossi Spills Ellen's Most Annoying Habit to Jennifer Aniston 1 hour 27 min ago
- Living Well Why Shacking Up Is Good For Your Health 1 hour 33 min ago
- Politics Schumer: The Reason We Excluded Gays Offers 'Little Comfort' 2 hours 29 min ago
- World News PHOTOS: Startling Response to Right-Winger's Suicide in Notre Dame 2 hours 58 min ago