WATCH: Parks and Recreation Star Aziz Ansari Dishes Chick-fil-A and Supports Marriage Equality
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 17 2012 1:39 PM ET
Parks and Recreation star Aziz Ansari showed off his support of marriage equality Monday while appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Ansari was asked which foods he missed from his South Carolina hometown, and the always ribald comedian used it as a jumping-off point to talk about how he's very "pro-gay marriage" and "pro-delicious chicken sandwich," and thus Chick-fil-A's antigay ties presents a conundrum for the comic.
"At this point, why is anyone against gay marriage?" Ansari asked Kimmel. "You know you're going to lose. You know you're on the wrong side of things. These are the same people that didn't want women to vote, that didn't want black guys to play football. What was the last thing they were opposed to? Interracial relationships? Look, if you're opposed to interracial relationships, guess what: I'm fucking white girls, there's nothing you can do about it!"
Ansari added that every time he has sex with a white girl he thinks of those antigay folks opposed to interracial relationships "for a couple of pumps."
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages