Remembering Sahara: RuPaul and Drag Racers Share Memories
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 22 2012 4:00 AM ET
Manila is a very dear friend of mine, and Sahara’s other half. And I didn’t get to know Sahara much. But the times I’ve got to know her, she’s been nothing but the most beautiful human being, and it’s devastating. I know that she’s looking down on Manila. She’s lived a full life — it should have been longer. Especially someone so young, it doesn’t seem right. I am a mother, and when I think about my children.… Antoine is somebody’s child. A child should never die before a parent, so it breaks my heart. But I’m grateful that the world got to know Sahara.
— Michelle Visage
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers