Remembering Sahara: RuPaul and Drag Racers Share Memories
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 22 2012 4:00 AM ET
Sahara was the first girl to welcome me to the family of Drag Race. She came to see one of these shows. She didn’t even know me, but she’s like, “We’re sisters now. You’re welcome.” And she’s the only person that none of the other girls have ever said a bad word about. We have a secret Facebook group where we all read each other. We’ll post a picture of a homeless drag queen on the street all cracked out, and we’ll be like, “Now, Morgan McMichaels!”…And Sahara was the only one who always had good shit to say, was always funny. If you came away from her, you were always laughing about something. She was amazing.
— Willam Belli
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor