Remembering Sahara: RuPaul and Drag Racers Share Memories
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 22 2012 4:00 AM ET
Sahara was the first girl to welcome me to the family of Drag Race. She came to see one of these shows. She didn’t even know me, but she’s like, “We’re sisters now. You’re welcome.” And she’s the only person that none of the other girls have ever said a bad word about. We have a secret Facebook group where we all read each other. We’ll post a picture of a homeless drag queen on the street all cracked out, and we’ll be like, “Now, Morgan McMichaels!”…And Sahara was the only one who always had good shit to say, was always funny. If you came away from her, you were always laughing about something. She was amazing.
— Willam Belli
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Might Even Antonin Scalia Say Kim Davis Should Resign?