Remembering Sahara: RuPaul and Drag Racers Share Memories
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 22 2012 4:00 AM ET
Sahara was the first girl to welcome me to the family of Drag Race. She came to see one of these shows. She didn’t even know me, but she’s like, “We’re sisters now. You’re welcome.” And she’s the only person that none of the other girls have ever said a bad word about. We have a secret Facebook group where we all read each other. We’ll post a picture of a homeless drag queen on the street all cracked out, and we’ll be like, “Now, Morgan McMichaels!”…And Sahara was the only one who always had good shit to say, was always funny. If you came away from her, you were always laughing about something. She was amazing.
— Willam Belli
- Hillary Clinton's Rainbow Logo Leads Politicians Proclaiming 'Love Can't Wait'
- See Where the Nation Stands On Marriage Equality — In One Graphic
- PHOTOS: The Scene at the Supreme Court As Marriage Equality is Considered
- Marriage Equality Only Happened Because Grassroots Refused to Wait
- Meet the People Waiting in Line for History
- Op-ed: Hosting Ted Cruz Isn't Just Offensive to LGBT People