Remembering Sahara: RuPaul and Drag Racers Share Memories
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 22 2012 4:00 AM ET
Everybody is still in shock, and it’s surreal, while all this is going on at the same time. Sahara and I started in New York at the same time, and we were on stages doing all these shows together and she was a sister in every way. It’s hard to believe it’s a reality that she’s no longer with us. But we’re all trying to stay strong, and we’re sisters, and that’s most important.
— Mimi Imfurst
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting