Remembering Sahara: RuPaul and Drag Racers Share Memories
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 22 2012 4:00 AM ET
Everybody is still in shock, and it’s surreal, while all this is going on at the same time. Sahara and I started in New York at the same time, and we were on stages doing all these shows together and she was a sister in every way. It’s hard to believe it’s a reality that she’s no longer with us. But we’re all trying to stay strong, and we’re sisters, and that’s most important.
— Mimi Imfurst
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death