Raising Hope Keeps Getting Gayer
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 29 2012 11:47 AM ET
On last week's episode of Raising Hope, viewers learned that Jimmy's boss Barney (played by Gregg Brinkley) has two mommies — and he calls them when times are tough. But this week's Halloween-themed episode, “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Me What To Do,” let's the Chance family delve into gay life even more. In it, Sabrina (the butchy smart Shannon Woodward) asks her boyfriend Jimmy (always awkward Lucas Neff) to hang out with her gay best friend and his partner (played by guest stars Chris Eckert and Harvey Guillen) and no doubt things will go awry, awkwardly of course.
But, the main kicker is that Jimmy asks his father Burt (the handsome Garret Dillahunt who, by the way, will play one half of a gay couple who adopt a teenager with Down syndrome in Any Day Now) to help him know what to expect hanging out with Sabrina's gay friends. So Burt does some recon by spending time at the local gay bar. But when Burt keeps going back to the bar, Virginia (the brilliant Emmy-winning Martha Plimpton) wonders if he’s enjoying his time there a little too much and tracks him down in costume on Halloween night.
We can't wait for this trick or treat. The episode airs Tuesday, Oct. 30, 8 p.m. EST/PST.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Antigay Group's Ad Tells Supreme Court: Marriage 'God's Alone to Decide'