Raising Hope Keeps Getting Gayer
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 29 2012 11:47 AM ET
On last week's episode of Raising Hope, viewers learned that Jimmy's boss Barney (played by Gregg Brinkley) has two mommies — and he calls them when times are tough. But this week's Halloween-themed episode, “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Me What To Do,” let's the Chance family delve into gay life even more. In it, Sabrina (the butchy smart Shannon Woodward) asks her boyfriend Jimmy (always awkward Lucas Neff) to hang out with her gay best friend and his partner (played by guest stars Chris Eckert and Harvey Guillen) and no doubt things will go awry, awkwardly of course.
But, the main kicker is that Jimmy asks his father Burt (the handsome Garret Dillahunt who, by the way, will play one half of a gay couple who adopt a teenager with Down syndrome in Any Day Now) to help him know what to expect hanging out with Sabrina's gay friends. So Burt does some recon by spending time at the local gay bar. But when Burt keeps going back to the bar, Virginia (the brilliant Emmy-winning Martha Plimpton) wonders if he’s enjoying his time there a little too much and tracks him down in costume on Halloween night.
We can't wait for this trick or treat. The episode airs Tuesday, Oct. 30, 8 p.m. EST/PST.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- LGBT Activist Attacked in NYC, Community Responds With Dialogue
- Fallon Fox, MMA's First Trans Fighter, Wins First Match
- READ: Open Letter to Obama From Exiled Binational Couples in South Africa
- The 'Undetectable' Paradox
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Adam Levine, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Liam Hemsworth, and More Shirtless Celebs 7:00 PM
- Fitness Tom Daley Is a Nacho. But Which Body Shape Are You? 6:00 PM
- Comedy Jimmy Kimmel Pokes Fun at China's Phallic Building 5:00 PM
- Marriage Equality Colo. House Speaker and Partner Get Civil 4:22 PM
- Transgender Fallon Fox Wins First Match As Out Trans MMA Fighter 3:38 PM
- Politics Exiled Binational Couples Write Open Letter to Obama 2:50 PM
- Women Lesbian Coming of Age Film Blue is the Warmest Color Takes Palme D'Or at Cannes 2:49 PM