Last Words With RuPaul's All Stars Tammie Brown and Nina Flowers
BY Daniel Reynolds
November 02 2012 5:13 PM ET
At left: Nina Flowers
Nina, although you are originally from Puerto Rico, you’ve made Denver your home. For you, what is the most striking difference between these two drag cultures?
Nina: You would be surprised. Drag in Puerto Rico is very serious. The kids start at a very early age. They are so amazing and talented. That's why there is always a Puerto Rican queen on the show. Here in Denver, it's happening. We have come a long way. When I moved here, there was not much happening for drag entertainment. Now, many gay nightclubs have drag shows. I'm currently the host of the biggest drag show in Colorado, "Drag Nation." It takes place the last Friday of every month in one of the best and largest gay nightclubs in the country, Tracks Nightclub. You should come visit us sometime!
What projects are you working on? What’s next?
Tammie: I have been working on my album Hot Skunx and have been working on my acoustic show, photo shoots with world-renowned photographers, and living my life. I am also working on a Tammie Brown variety show.
Nina: I'm working on a new single with DJ and producer MDW titled "The Queens." Music is my passion, and very soon you will see me remixing songs for big names. My schedule is full all the way until March of 2013. Fans can keep track of me and find out about future presentations through my website.
Are you still walking the children in nature, Tammie?
Tammie: No, I no longer volunteer with the Children’s Nature Institute.
Fans of DR might miss the “lipstick on the mirror” farewell message from parting contestants. What is the legacy or message you want to leave after your RuPaul's Drag Race experience?
Tammie: For people to follow their hearts and be true to themselves. Enjoy your life. You only live once.
Nina: My legacy would be to "stay true to yourself, and when you make it all the way to the top, remember where you came from."
How do you define an “All Star”?
Nina: Classy, talented, edgy, glamorous, and original.
Tammie: I would define an All Star by saying … Tammie Brown.
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Martina Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame 16 min 11 sec ago
- Entertainment News Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Jail 47 min 31 sec ago
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 4:04 PM
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 3:42 PM
- World News Liberal Australian MP Crosses Aisle In Support of LGBT Nondiscrimination 3:30 PM
- Women WATCH: Hot Lesbians Don Cowboy Hats, Chaps and Spurs for Cowgirl Up 3:18 PM
- Pride PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine 3:02 PM