Andrew Rannells a 'Purebred' Gay Man
BY Trudy Ring
January 11 2013 2:30 PM ET
Elijah, Andrew Rannells’s character in Girls, may be intensely, uh, attracted to a woman in the show’s season premiere, which shows him wondering if he might be bisexual rather than gay, but the gay actor is unquestioning about his real-life sexuality.
“I personally have never had sex with a woman,” Rannells, who also stars in The New Normal, told New York magazine’s entertainment blog Vulture. “I’m more of what you call gold-star gay. I’m purebred.”
Rannells says he’s among the minority of gay men, as most of them have had sex with a woman at some point — some even after they’ve concluded that yep, they’re gay. “I have a lot of friends who, actually, after they’ve realized they're gay, they feel empowered in a way that they do some things that they didn’t think they would do, like explore some things because they’re a little more comfortable with who they are,” he told the blog.
The season 2 premiere of Girls airs at Sunday at 9 p.m. Eastern on HBO.
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Follow 24 Hours in LGBT America 12 min 9 sec ago
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: Russian Doll? 2 hours 54 min ago
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 7:00 AM
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 6:30 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 5:00 AM
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 4:00 AM
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM