Andrew Rannells a 'Purebred' Gay Man
BY Trudy Ring
January 11 2013 3:30 PM ET
Elijah, Andrew Rannells’s character in Girls, may be intensely, uh, attracted to a woman in the show’s season premiere, which shows him wondering if he might be bisexual rather than gay, but the gay actor is unquestioning about his real-life sexuality.
“I personally have never had sex with a woman,” Rannells, who also stars in The New Normal, told New York magazine’s entertainment blog Vulture. “I’m more of what you call gold-star gay. I’m purebred.”
Rannells says he’s among the minority of gay men, as most of them have had sex with a woman at some point — some even after they’ve concluded that yep, they’re gay. “I have a lot of friends who, actually, after they’ve realized they're gay, they feel empowered in a way that they do some things that they didn’t think they would do, like explore some things because they’re a little more comfortable with who they are,” he told the blog.
The season 2 premiere of Girls airs at Sunday at 9 p.m. Eastern on HBO.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Gay Politics - Marriage Equality, Gay Rights, Anti-Discrimination
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' March 09 2014 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM