Andrew Rannells a 'Purebred' Gay Man
BY Trudy Ring
January 11 2013 3:30 PM ET
Elijah, Andrew Rannells’s character in Girls, may be intensely, uh, attracted to a woman in the show’s season premiere, which shows him wondering if he might be bisexual rather than gay, but the gay actor is unquestioning about his real-life sexuality.
“I personally have never had sex with a woman,” Rannells, who also stars in The New Normal, told New York magazine’s entertainment blog Vulture. “I’m more of what you call gold-star gay. I’m purebred.”
Rannells says he’s among the minority of gay men, as most of them have had sex with a woman at some point — some even after they’ve concluded that yep, they’re gay. “I have a lot of friends who, actually, after they’ve realized they're gay, they feel empowered in a way that they do some things that they didn’t think they would do, like explore some things because they’re a little more comfortable with who they are,” he told the blog.
The season 2 premiere of Girls airs at Sunday at 9 p.m. Eastern on HBO.
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride
- Marriage Equality Supporter Featured in Mormon Anti-Marriage Equality Post