Spy-on-Spy Action: Gay Life on Archer
BY Christopher Rudolph
January 16 2013 11:26 PM ET
Adam Reed is stumped. The creator of the popular FX animated spy series Archer, which premieres season four tonight on FX, has just been asked if he can name an openly gay spy. While Reed doesn’t rub shoulders with spies on a day-to-day basis, he assumes we mean fictional spies — but nonetheless he is stumped.
When hit with this realization, Reed seems proud that he has created Ray Gillette, the smart, handsome, and openly gay spy on his series.
“No prominent gay spies come to mind," says Reed as he discusses the upcoming fourth season of one of the most under-celebrated animated comedies on TV. "He might be a leader in his field.”
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- Diego Tolomelli and the Stain of Original Sin
- WATCH: Ala. Woman Charged With Murder of Son's Boyfriend
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- New ABC Talker Laura Ingraham Has Antigay Record