Spy-on-Spy Action: Gay Life on Archer
BY Christopher Rudolph
January 16 2013 10:26 PM ET
Adam Reed is stumped. The creator of the popular FX animated spy series Archer, which premieres season four tonight on FX, has just been asked if he can name an openly gay spy. While Reed doesn’t rub shoulders with spies on a day-to-day basis, he assumes we mean fictional spies — but nonetheless he is stumped.
When hit with this realization, Reed seems proud that he has created Ray Gillette, the smart, handsome, and openly gay spy on his series.
“No prominent gay spies come to mind," says Reed as he discusses the upcoming fourth season of one of the most under-celebrated animated comedies on TV. "He might be a leader in his field.”
- Entertainment News Ian McKellen Surprised Hobbit Fans At Desolation of Smaug Screening 1 hour 41 min ago
- Travel Sia Wants You to Help the Street Animals of India 5:23 PM
- Media BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective 4:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! 4:49 PM
- Sports Chicago Gay Hockey Association Wins at Celebrating Christmas 4:19 PM
- Entertainment News Paul Rudd On Witnessing a Drag Queen Brawl 3:52 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Airline 3:49 PM