Five Reasons to Follow The Following
BY Christopher Rudolph
January 21 2013 8:01 AM ET
You’re probably asking yourself, “Why should I watch The Following when Drag Race is on at the same time?” Well, for one, there’s DVR. Another, The Following just may be the gayest horror series that’s ever graced network television. Here are some reasons why:
1. The game between cop and killer can become stale at times, but when the two in question are Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy you realize there hasn’t been this much chemistry between a cat and a mouse since Tom and Jerry. Kevin Bacon plays Ryan Hardy, an FBI agent who was responsible for capturing serial killer Joe Carroll (played by Rome's James Purefoy), who escapes prison and alerts his cult of followers to do his bidding. There is so much eye-lingering during the prison interrogation scenes you wonder if the episode will turn into a deleted scene from Oz. Even if the kiss never happens on-screen, Bacon and Purefoy have already locked lips at least once recently.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups