Before Stanford: Meet Carrie Bradshaw's First Gay Bestie
BY Christopher Rudolph
February 04 2013 4:00 AM ET
Much like The Golden Palace or After MASH, most people think The Carrie Diaries, the prequel series to Sex and the City, will be a stain on a beloved series that time will eventually forget. Whether the series stays around after the first season (the ratings are not the best) remains to be seen, which is a travesty because The Carrie Diaries is a surprisingly charming show. Seeing Carrie Bradshaw in her high school world, flirting with Manhattan, is fun, and since it’s Sex and the City, Carrie has to have her gay ... but unlike the case later in life, her gay best friend is a confused teenager trying to fight his natural desires.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant