5 Reasons to Revisit Smash
BY Christopher Rudolph
February 05 2013 8:00 AM ET
If you thought Smash quickly jumped the shark, its producers are trying to lure you back to the Great White Way. After a fantastic pilot that was beloved by both critics and viewers, Smash fans were treated to a Bollywood dream sequence and Debra Messing’s scarf collection and left staring into their Playbills for cues about where this all might be heading.
The show was not working on multiple levels, so out with creator Theresa Rebeck, and in with former Gossip Girl showrunner Josh Safran, who is set to debut the new and improved NBC hit tonight. Here are five reasons to gear up for Smash season 2 and prepare to become a Broadway baby all over again.
The star of Broadway’s Bonnie & Clyde and Newsies joins the cast as Jimmy, a young composer writing a Rent-type rock opera, and who the creators of the Marilyn Monroe musical are trying to woo. Aside from his good looks, Jeremy can belt tunes with the best of them and recently received rave reviews on Broadway and for in the Queen Latifah-Dolly Parton vehicle Joyful Noise. Watch him sing "Broadway, Here I Come" from the season premiere below:
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Style Hairy Hose for Hairless Bros? 8 min 6 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality 41 min 26 sec ago
- Style WATCH: How to Dress For Summer 47 min 3 sec ago
- Fitness A Workout Especially for HIV-Positive People 1 hour 19 min ago
- Music Austra's Summer Soundtrack 1 hour 33 min ago
- Books James Franco's A California Childhood: Win Signed Copy 1 hour 39 min ago
- Music WATCH: Cher Wigs Out on The Voice 2 hours 9 min ago