5 Reasons to Revisit Smash
BY Christopher Rudolph
February 05 2013 8:00 AM ET
If you thought Smash quickly jumped the shark, its producers are trying to lure you back to the Great White Way. After a fantastic pilot that was beloved by both critics and viewers, Smash fans were treated to a Bollywood dream sequence and Debra Messing’s scarf collection and left staring into their Playbills for cues about where this all might be heading.
The show was not working on multiple levels, so out with creator Theresa Rebeck, and in with former Gossip Girl showrunner Josh Safran, who is set to debut the new and improved NBC hit tonight. Here are five reasons to gear up for Smash season 2 and prepare to become a Broadway baby all over again.
The star of Broadway’s Bonnie & Clyde and Newsies joins the cast as Jimmy, a young composer writing a Rent-type rock opera, and who the creators of the Marilyn Monroe musical are trying to woo. Aside from his good looks, Jeremy can belt tunes with the best of them and recently received rave reviews on Broadway and for in the Queen Latifah-Dolly Parton vehicle Joyful Noise. Watch him sing "Broadway, Here I Come" from the season premiere below:
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student 25 min 5 sec ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship 34 min 50 sec ago
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked 51 min 2 sec ago
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition 1 hour 23 min ago
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder 1 hour 55 min ago
- Politics Puerto Rico House Approves Antidiscrimination Bill 2 hours 4 min ago
- Entertainment News Week in Geek: Star Trek Actor Gets Wet and Naked, Justice League, and More 2 hours 52 min ago