Here TV Puts 10 Candles on the Cake
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 07 2013 6:42 PM ET
When The Advocate was founded in 1967, it was a daring endeavor. But just as rebellious as it was to launch a gay magazine 46 years ago was the idea to create exclusive television content for an LGBT audience a decade ago.
That's what Here TV — owned by the same company as The Advocate — did 10 years ago, and it's been providing unabashedly queer content ever since. The 24-hour subscription service airs on all major U.S. cable systems and in 96 of the top 100 U.S. markets, and features sexy fare like The Lair, hilarious shows such as She's Living for This, and news programs including For and Against.
"When we launced the network, a purely LGBT network was met with great skepticism and tremendous resistance," said Josh Rosenzweig, Here TV's senior vice president of original programming and development.
Here is not backing away from LGBT content and is launching the New Frontiers Film Project as a way for LGBT filmmakers to submit projects for broadcast in coming years. But for now, click through to see some of the network's diverse lineup and click here to read more about the network.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM