Ten Reasons to Watch The Oscars Tonight
BY Christopher Rudolph
February 22 2013 3:29 AM ET UPDATED: February 24 2013 2:29 PM ET
It’s here, the time has finally come: today marks Hollywood's most important, and occassionaly queerest, awards show, the Academy Awards (though this year, they've dumped that moniker and are simply calling it the Oscar). While there isn’t an overtly gay film in the races this year (like Milk or Brokeback Mountain in years past), the Oscars will still be a glitzy glam event that you won’t want to miss a moment of. Here are ten reasons to tune in.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community