Ten Reasons to Watch The Oscars Tonight
BY Christopher Rudolph
February 22 2013 3:29 AM ET UPDATED: February 24 2013 2:29 PM ET
It’s here, the time has finally come: today marks Hollywood's most important, and occassionaly queerest, awards show, the Academy Awards (though this year, they've dumped that moniker and are simply calling it the Oscar). While there isn’t an overtly gay film in the races this year (like Milk or Brokeback Mountain in years past), the Oscars will still be a glitzy glam event that you won’t want to miss a moment of. Here are ten reasons to tune in.
- Michael Sam, Cowboys Welcome Lull in Media Attention
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Analysis: Nope, Same-Sex Marriage Doesn't Dissuade Straight People from Getting Married
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends