John Stamos, Ryan Murphy, and New Normal Spoilers
BY Jase Peeples and Diane Anderson-Minshall
March 07 2013 4:25 PM ET
The Paley Center for Media, the organization which focuses on the discussion and social significance of television and other media, honored The New Normal at the annual PaleyFest 2013, which happened March 6 at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills.
The show's gay creators, Ryan Murphy and Ali Adler, struck poses and flashed smiles alongside the showâ€™s cast and talked about the positive impact shows like The New Normal are having both for LGBT people and the viewership at large.
"With shows like The New Normal and Modern Family and Glee, people feel that they know gay couples, they know gay people now more than ever," Murphy said, according to Perez Hilton, one of the oh-so-many gay bloggers in attendance.
The ever-talkative Murphy â€” who is also the man behind American Horror Story and Glee â€” and Adler also offered up some show spoilers at the event (dubbed "all about the gays" by one anonymous media pundit).
â€śWeâ€™re building toward David and Bryan, getting married, building toward a baby being born, and weâ€™re building towards Gloriaâ€™s character really deciding if she is going to get back together with Clay or continue on this independent path that she has created,â€ť Ryan said, according Deadline.com.
Adler added, â€śThe marriage and the baby donâ€™t happen the way you think they are going to.â€ť
Take a look at our collection of photos from the event and see the sexy mugs of the actors and show business folks who are pushing acceptance and tolerance of LGBT families on TV, and hopefully making bank as they do it.
Moderator John Stamos, far right, mugs for the camera alongside the cast and creative team of The New Normal.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Real Lesbians Watch and Break Down 'Lesbian' Porn 6 min 29 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under the Busâ€”Again 54 min 47 sec ago
- Transgender Transgender Woman Alleges Discrimination by Bridal Shop 1 hour 7 min ago
- Youth Boy Scouts' Decision Draws Heated Reaction From All Sides 1 hour 50 min ago
- Entertainment News Do You Hear 'Girl Men' or 'Guru Men?' 11:20 AM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 7:00 AM
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 6:03 AM