John Stamos, Ryan Murphy, and New Normal Spoilers
BY Jase Peeples and Diane Anderson-Minshall
March 07 2013 3:25 PM ET
The Paley Center for Media, the organization which focuses on the discussion and social significance of television and other media, honored The New Normal at the annual PaleyFest 2013, which happened March 6 at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills.
The show's gay creators, Ryan Murphy and Ali Adler, struck poses and flashed smiles alongside the show’s cast and talked about the positive impact shows like The New Normal are having both for LGBT people and the viewership at large.
"With shows like The New Normal and Modern Family and Glee, people feel that they know gay couples, they know gay people now more than ever," Murphy said, according to Perez Hilton, one of the oh-so-many gay bloggers in attendance.
The ever-talkative Murphy — who is also the man behind American Horror Story and Glee — and Adler also offered up some show spoilers at the event (dubbed "all about the gays" by one anonymous media pundit).
“We’re building toward David and Bryan, getting married, building toward a baby being born, and we’re building towards Gloria’s character really deciding if she is going to get back together with Clay or continue on this independent path that she has created,” Ryan said, according Deadline.com.
Adler added, “The marriage and the baby don’t happen the way you think they are going to.”
Take a look at our collection of photos from the event and see the sexy mugs of the actors and show business folks who are pushing acceptance and tolerance of LGBT families on TV, and hopefully making bank as they do it.
Moderator John Stamos, far right, mugs for the camera alongside the cast and creative team of The New Normal.
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 41 min 25 sec ago
- Crime WATCH: Gay Couple Attacked in NYC on 10th Anniversary 47 min 47 sec ago
- Theater Late Gay TV Star's Play Eyes Broadway 1 hour 31 min ago
- Commentary Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists? 1 hour 31 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Jeffrey: The Series Episode 7, ‘Velvet Rope’ 1 hour 33 min ago
- Religion Meet the Controversial Spiritual Adviser to Trans People 2 hours 54 min ago
- Women 9 Inspiring Women Backing LGBT Rights Around the World 11:17 AM