5 Reasons LGBT Viewers Should Watch Southland
BY Christopher Rudolph
March 13 2013 1:45 PM ET
The recent return of TNT’s explosive flagship series, Southland — which chronicles the lives of Los Angeles police officers — also brings the return of one of the most complex gay characters on television today. While it may not have all the high heels of RuPaul's Drag Race or the funny gay dads of Modern Family or The New Normal, Southland deals realistically with the everyday lives of cops, gay and straight.
Here are five reasons you should be watching.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Gay Man Allegedly Assaulted by Hasidic Gang in New York
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM