5 Reasons LGBT Viewers Should Watch Southland
BY Christopher Rudolph
March 13 2013 2:45 PM ET
3. City of Lost Angeles
Not only does Southland tackle the tough lives of the LAPD, it also covers the dark underbelly of the city with year-round sunshine, from a Hollywood Hills rapist to last season’s episode about a gay teen who tries to take his own life after being bullied. The series can seem to lean toward the sensational, until you find that a lot of the stories are ripped from actual headlines. Of course the cops have to deal with the occasional Hollywood character (druggies, hookers, people dressed in costume), but there is also the drama of the characters’ home lives that proves equally interesting.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.