5 Reasons LGBT Viewers Should Watch Southland
BY Christopher Rudolph
March 13 2013 2:45 PM ET
3. City of Lost Angeles
Not only does Southland tackle the tough lives of the LAPD, it also covers the dark underbelly of the city with year-round sunshine, from a Hollywood Hills rapist to last season’s episode about a gay teen who tries to take his own life after being bullied. The series can seem to lean toward the sensational, until you find that a lot of the stories are ripped from actual headlines. Of course the cops have to deal with the occasional Hollywood character (druggies, hookers, people dressed in costume), but there is also the drama of the characters’ home lives that proves equally interesting.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun