Glee to Feature Song Written for Gay Men’s Chorus of LA
BY Jase Peeples
April 18 2013 12:30 PM ET
Tonight’s episode of Glee will feature a special performance of the song “More Friends Than You Know.”
The track, written by Tony Award winner Jeff Marx and Grammy Award winner Merv Warren, was originally crafted for the Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles to be performed as a part of the group’s it gets better show.
“We're thrilled and honored that this song, which is about taking a stand, being strong and overcoming adversity by knowing that you're loved, is part of our it gets better show and week-long residency program that tours the nation. Glee has been a champion for the underdog and the outcast, tackling tough issues including coming out and bullying. Having it showcased on Glee is an amazing honor,” said Chris Verdugo, Executive Director of GMCLA.
Listen to the Glee cast’s moving rendition of the song below and for more information about the GMCLA’s it gets better show visit itgetsbettertour.org.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign