Glee to Feature Song Written for Gay Men’s Chorus of LA
BY Jase Peeples
April 18 2013 11:30 AM ET
Tonight’s episode of Glee will feature a special performance of the song “More Friends Than You Know.”
The track, written by Tony Award winner Jeff Marx and Grammy Award winner Merv Warren, was originally crafted for the Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles to be performed as a part of the group’s it gets better show.
“We're thrilled and honored that this song, which is about taking a stand, being strong and overcoming adversity by knowing that you're loved, is part of our it gets better show and week-long residency program that tours the nation. Glee has been a champion for the underdog and the outcast, tackling tough issues including coming out and bullying. Having it showcased on Glee is an amazing honor,” said Chris Verdugo, Executive Director of GMCLA.
Listen to the Glee cast’s moving rendition of the song below and for more information about the GMCLA’s it gets better show visit itgetsbettertour.org.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics 11 min 30 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 55 min 56 sec ago
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 1 hour 11 min ago
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM