WATCH: 10 Here TV Shows That Changed Our View of LGBT Life
BY Daniel Villarreal
May 09 2013 2:30 PM ET
4. Lesbian Sex & Sexuality
Honest discussions of lesbian sexuality on TV are almost as hard to find as accurate depictions of female orgasms on film — they're virtually nonexistent.
Which is why the two-season run of producer Katherine Linton's Lesbian Sex & Sexuality was so revolutionary. The show fearlessly delved into issues of polyamory, female-run porn studios, BDSM, erotica, strippers, roller derby, burlesque, and the sex lives of trans women while also examining women and sex work, feminist outlooks on desire, and the myth of lesbian bed death. (There was even an episode in season 2 featuring The Advocate's executive editor, Diane Anderson-Minshall, talking about fashion and desire).
The camera also provided an unflinching look at real women's bodies and intimate portraits of queer women who boldly pursue their desires.
You can watch the Lesbian Sex & Sexuality trailer below:
- Comedy WATCH: Billy Eichner and Amy Poehler Have Aggressive Christmas Spirit 1 hour 35 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 7:00 AM
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 6:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM