WATCH: 10 Here TV Shows That Changed Our View of LGBT Life
BY Daniel Villarreal
May 09 2013 3:30 PM ET
4. Lesbian Sex & Sexuality
Honest discussions of lesbian sexuality on TV are almost as hard to find as accurate depictions of female orgasms on film — they're virtually nonexistent.
Which is why the two-season run of producer Katherine Linton's Lesbian Sex & Sexuality was so revolutionary. The show fearlessly delved into issues of polyamory, female-run porn studios, BDSM, erotica, strippers, roller derby, burlesque, and the sex lives of trans women while also examining women and sex work, feminist outlooks on desire, and the myth of lesbian bed death. (There was even an episode in season 2 featuring The Advocate's executive editor, Diane Anderson-Minshall, talking about fashion and desire).
The camera also provided an unflinching look at real women's bodies and intimate portraits of queer women who boldly pursue their desires.
You can watch the Lesbian Sex & Sexuality trailer below:
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen 2 hours 9 min ago
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 5:55 PM