WATCH: 10 Here TV Shows That Changed Our View of LGBT Life
BY Daniel Villarreal
May 09 2013 3:30 PM ET
8. Pride & Groom
With the recent gay marriage battles raging at the Supreme Court, it's important not only to focus on how marriage bans hurt LGBT people but how life changes for queer people fortunate enough to marry the ones they love.
That's where Pride & Groom steps in. It shows gay couple Mitchell Cook and Paul Neenos in the lead up to their marriage and examines all the planning and politics that goes into their special day.
In an age when television has reduced marriage to celebrity scandals and reality show gotchas, Pride & Groom reminds viewers of the immense personal fulfillment that marriage can give to a committed same-sex couple and why the marriage equality battle is about much more than just our legal rights.
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Marriage Equality Oregon Republicans Support Marriage Equality 3 min ago
- Uganda Ugandans Challenge 'Jail the Gays' Law in Court 9 min 20 sec ago
- Travel Melissa Etheridge Performing Russian Anthem at Toronto WorldPride 32 min 46 sec ago
- Television Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay 41 min 32 sec ago
- Youth Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill 48 min 14 sec ago
- Uganda Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List 1 hour 30 min ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy 2 hours 2 min ago