WATCH: 10 Here TV Shows That Changed Our View of LGBT Life
BY Daniel Villarreal
May 09 2013 3:30 PM ET
8. Pride & Groom
With the recent gay marriage battles raging at the Supreme Court, it's important not only to focus on how marriage bans hurt LGBT people but how life changes for queer people fortunate enough to marry the ones they love.
That's where Pride & Groom steps in. It shows gay couple Mitchell Cook and Paul Neenos in the lead up to their marriage and examines all the planning and politics that goes into their special day.
In an age when television has reduced marriage to celebrity scandals and reality show gotchas, Pride & Groom reminds viewers of the immense personal fulfillment that marriage can give to a committed same-sex couple and why the marriage equality battle is about much more than just our legal rights.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen 18 min 38 sec ago
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival 1 hour 41 min ago
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference 1 hour 57 min ago
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 2 hours 13 min ago
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 2 hours 31 min ago
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 2 hours 34 min ago
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 5:55 PM