NBC Picks Up New Sean Hayes Sitcom
BY Trudy Ring
May 10 2013 6:43 PM ET
Out actor Sean Hayes will have a new sitcom on NBC this fall in which he plays a divorced gay man trying to balance the demands of his work, his teenage daughter, and his overbearing mother.
NBC announced this week that it had picked up Sean Saves the World, in which the Will & Grace veteran will costar with Sami Isler as his daughter and Linda Lavin of Alice fame as his mom. Also appearing are Thomas Lennon, who played Reno 911!’s shorts-clad gay cop Lt. Jim Dangle, plus Lindsay Sloane and Echo Kellum.
The creative team includes Hayes and Todd Milliner as executive producers, Will & Grace director James Burrows as director and executive producer, and Victor Fresco as writer and producer. The show is a production of Universal Television and Hazy Mills Productions.
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM