NBC Picks Up New Sean Hayes Sitcom
BY Trudy Ring
May 10 2013 7:43 PM ET
Out actor Sean Hayes will have a new sitcom on NBC this fall in which he plays a divorced gay man trying to balance the demands of his work, his teenage daughter, and his overbearing mother.
NBC announced this week that it had picked up Sean Saves the World, in which the Will & Grace veteran will costar with Sami Isler as his daughter and Linda Lavin of Alice fame as his mom. Also appearing are Thomas Lennon, who played Reno 911!’s shorts-clad gay cop Lt. Jim Dangle, plus Lindsay Sloane and Echo Kellum.
The creative team includes Hayes and Todd Milliner as executive producers, Will & Grace director James Burrows as director and executive producer, and Victor Fresco as writer and producer. The show is a production of Universal Television and Hazy Mills Productions.
- Commentary Op-ed: No One Is Invincible 7:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: NOM Can’t Shut Me Down 7:00 AM
- HIV & AIDS Everything You Need to Know About PrEP 6:56 AM
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Transmit HIV Through Oral Sex? 6:44 AM
- Current Issue Derek Jarman's Alternative to The New Gay Credo 6:01 AM
- Archives From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69 6:00 AM
- Religion Op-Ed: Pope's Legacy Will Be That He's Willing to Listen 4:00 AM