NBC Picks Up New Sean Hayes Sitcom
BY Trudy Ring
May 10 2013 7:43 PM ET
Out actor Sean Hayes will have a new sitcom on NBC this fall in which he plays a divorced gay man trying to balance the demands of his work, his teenage daughter, and his overbearing mother.
NBC announced this week that it had picked up Sean Saves the World, in which the Will & Grace veteran will costar with Sami Isler as his daughter and Linda Lavin of Alice fame as his mom. Also appearing are Thomas Lennon, who played Reno 911!’s shorts-clad gay cop Lt. Jim Dangle, plus Lindsay Sloane and Echo Kellum.
The creative team includes Hayes and Todd Milliner as executive producers, Will & Grace director James Burrows as director and executive producer, and Victor Fresco as writer and producer. The show is a production of Universal Television and Hazy Mills Productions.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community