NBC Picks Up New Sean Hayes Sitcom
BY Trudy Ring
May 10 2013 6:43 PM ET
Out actor Sean Hayes will have a new sitcom on NBC this fall in which he plays a divorced gay man trying to balance the demands of his work, his teenage daughter, and his overbearing mother.
NBC announced this week that it had picked up Sean Saves the World, in which the Will & Grace veteran will costar with Sami Isler as his daughter and Linda Lavin of Alice fame as his mom. Also appearing are Thomas Lennon, who played Reno 911!’s shorts-clad gay cop Lt. Jim Dangle, plus Lindsay Sloane and Echo Kellum.
The creative team includes Hayes and Todd Milliner as executive producers, Will & Grace director James Burrows as director and executive producer, and Victor Fresco as writer and producer. The show is a production of Universal Television and Hazy Mills Productions.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers