WATCH: Colbert, Stephen Fry Talk Hobbits, Marriage, and Bullying
BY Jase Peeples
October 29 2013 12:58 PM ET
Out actor and activist Stephen Fry made an appearance on The Colbert Report to promote his Broadway debut in Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night and opened up about several personal issues between playful bouts of good-natured verbal sparring with the show’s host.
Fry, a celebrated actor, screenwriter, author, playwright, journalist, poet, comedian, television presenter, film director, and activist, spoke candidly about being open as both a gay man and a person with bipolar disorder, while chatting about an upcoming project he is participating in with Susan Sarandon for the It Gets Better campaign. “The fact is that there are too many teenage suicides and there is too much torment [on] Facebook or Twitter [being done] to gay teenagers and it becomes and behooves somebody who is confident in their sexuality to show … why can’t anybody be gay without being tormented or teased,” Fry told Colbert.
Watch a clip from the Fry’s appearance on The Colbert Report in the video below.
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Joe Rogan Has Gay Locker Room Stalker
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination December 07 2013 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer December 07 2013 4:00 AM