Stephen Colbert Gushes Over Gay Teen Science Prodigy
BY Jase Peeples
October 31 2013 12:50 PM ET
Jack Andraka, the gay teen who became known as the “Boy Wonder” of science after his work in developing a new method to detect pancreatic, ovarian, and lung cancer earned him the grand prize at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair, stopped by The Colbert Report last night to talk about his incredible discovery.
In true Stephen Colbert fashion, the show’s host praised the prodigy between bouts of good-natured teasing as Andraka demonstrated how the test he developed to detect several types of cancer works.
“I gotta say, for your social life, that’s a great pickup line,” Colbert teased. “’Hey, do you have pancreatic cancer? Would you like to find out?’”
Watch a clip from Andraka’s appearance in the video below.
- Entertainment News WATCH: Leslie Jordan 'Go Bold' With Models to Crash Super Bowl 1 hour 8 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 4:00 AM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM