Stephen Colbert Warns of 'Nightmare' ENDA Will Unleash
BY Jase Peeples
November 08 2013 2:27 PM ET
The U.S. Senate may have approved the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, but Stephen Colbert isn’t fooled by the dark future that awaits us if the bill — which has now been passed on to the House of Representatives — becomes law.
In last night’s episode of The Colbert Report, the host highlighted the many fears that will become reality if discrimination in employment based on sexual orientation or gender identity is outlawed.
Horrors such as all-gender restrooms and drag queens shopping in Christian bookstores are only the beginning, Colbert warned. "Today it's transgender people. Tomorrow, the government will tell me I can't fire a mermaid. Oh, excuse me, a hermaphrotrout. No matter what it costs me to make her cubicle watertight."
Watch Colbert’s satirical mocking of the ridiculous arguments voiced by those who oppose ENDA in the video below.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- 20 Touching, Funny, and Silly Twitter Reactions to Tim Cook's Coming-Out
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- The LGBT Films of AFI Fest 2014