Game of Thrones Actor Says His Character Needs More 'Hot Gay Sex'
BY Patrick Yacco
January 24 2014 4:03 PM ET
HBO’s Game of Thrones doesn’t have "enough hot gay sex for Loras this season," actor Finn Jones told Access Hollywood, adding, “I have like a slight flirtation with one of the new characters, but I can’t say anything else.”
Jones plays Loras Tyrell on the epic fantasy television series, which in season 2 featured a tryst between Tyrell and Renly Baratheon, who was hoping to conquer the continent of Westeros. Unfortunately, Renly was assassinated later that season, and Loras has been without a mate since then.
If the novels on which the show is based are any indication, the chances of a new long-term romance for Loras are slim. Nevertheless, plots have begun to slowly deviate from author George R.R. Martin’s original vision, so it’s not outside the realm of possibility, as Jones suggests.
Additionally, Thrones has a devoted LGBT fan base, and anticipation is already high for the program’s fourth season. The next chapter in the ongoing saga premieres Sunday, April 6, at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment