Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons to Host Saturday Night Live
BY Patrick Yacco
February 14 2014 12:36 PM ET
NBC has announced that Jim Parsons will host Saturday Night Live’s first show after the Olympics, reports The Hollywood Reporter. The March 1 episode will be Parsons’s debut as emcee for the long-running sketch comedy program, and he'll be joined by musical guest Beck. The spring return also marks the debut of Colin Jost as host of SNL’s news parody "Weekend Update," alongside cast member Cecily Strong.
Parsons, who is gay, is best known for his role as Dr. Sheldon Cooper on CBS’s The Big Bang Theory. He has received three Emmy Awards for Lead Actor in a Comedy Series and has recognized his relationship in at least one acceptance speech as well as numerous interviews.
While this is Parsons’s first SNL hosting gig, the show has poked fun at him and his characters. In a recent sketch, Jimmy Fallon portrayed Parsons in a Family Feud skit. It’ll be interesting to see which celebrities Parsons is able to skewer when he hosts next month.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model