WATCH: New Game of Thrones Trailer Debuts Online
BY Patrick Yacco
February 18 2014 3:34 PM ET
HBO released another Game of Thrones trailer Monday, this one focusing on the theme of vengeance. The teaser opens with Arya Stark (Maisie Williams) listing all the people she hopes to kill as retribution for the suffering they have caused her and her family. And despite the scenes of festivities following the marriage of Joffrey Baratheon (Jack Gleeson) and Margaery Tyrell (Natalie Dormer), an air of despair seems to hang over the season. Why is Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage) being put on trial? Will Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) be able to unite the people she's liberated? Can John Snow (Kit Harington) stop the hordes of wildlings and White Walkers from taking Westeros? And after the death of her brother Rob Stark at the Red Wedding, will Sansa (Sophie Turner) have her own chance at revenge?
While gay character Loras Tyrell (Finn Jones) will not have a prominent relationship this season, there is no doubt that the show will continue its regular display of sex and violence, all in the name of power to control the Seven Kingdoms. The new season of Game of Thrones begins April 6.
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Congresswoman Slams Science Magazine for Transphobic, Sexist Cover
- Op-ed: NBC's Straight-Washing of John Constantine Is Bi Erasure
- These Native-American Tribes Are Pioneering Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: When A Trip to Provincetown Helps Moms And Dads Find Strength