WATCH: New Game of Thrones Trailer Debuts Online
BY Patrick Yacco
February 18 2014 3:34 PM ET
HBO released another Game of Thrones trailer Monday, this one focusing on the theme of vengeance. The teaser opens with Arya Stark (Maisie Williams) listing all the people she hopes to kill as retribution for the suffering they have caused her and her family. And despite the scenes of festivities following the marriage of Joffrey Baratheon (Jack Gleeson) and Margaery Tyrell (Natalie Dormer), an air of despair seems to hang over the season. Why is Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage) being put on trial? Will Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) be able to unite the people she's liberated? Can John Snow (Kit Harington) stop the hordes of wildlings and White Walkers from taking Westeros? And after the death of her brother Rob Stark at the Red Wedding, will Sansa (Sophie Turner) have her own chance at revenge?
While gay character Loras Tyrell (Finn Jones) will not have a prominent relationship this season, there is no doubt that the show will continue its regular display of sex and violence, all in the name of power to control the Seven Kingdoms. The new season of Game of Thrones begins April 6.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- WATCH: S.C. Senator Uses Confederate Flag Debate to Deliver Antigay Rant
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- President Obama Has Not Called for LGBT National Holiday
- Rep. Steve King Wants Congress to Denounce Supreme Court's Marriage Equality Ruling