RuPaul and Drag Race Queens Remember Their First Time
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 19 2014 6:00 AM ET
“I feel like I am one deep down inside, but I can’t compete with these queens," Kelly Osbourne says. "You’ve got to have more than respect for drag queens because they get up every single day, face a world where many people call them freaks, and they are still the beautiful women they were born to be. I love watching their bravery.”
“My very first time in drag I didn’t perform, I just did it to go out and have a wonderful time," Gia Gunn says. "I remember I felt fishy, I felt c*nt, and it just stuck.”
“Never rush anything," Gunn adds as advice to green drag queens. "With drag, it takes time, it takes practice, it takes dedication. So please take the time and dedication and save us all from the dreadfulness of you not doing your homework.”
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?