RuPaul and Drag Race Queens Remember Their First Time
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 19 2014 7:00 AM ET
“I feel like I am one deep down inside, but I can’t compete with these queens," Kelly Osbourne says. "You’ve got to have more than respect for drag queens because they get up every single day, face a world where many people call them freaks, and they are still the beautiful women they were born to be. I love watching their bravery.”
“My very first time in drag I didn’t perform, I just did it to go out and have a wonderful time," Gia Gunn says. "I remember I felt fishy, I felt c*nt, and it just stuck.”
“Never rush anything," Gunn adds as advice to green drag queens. "With drag, it takes time, it takes practice, it takes dedication. So please take the time and dedication and save us all from the dreadfulness of you not doing your homework.”
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Op-ed: Why Labeling Others As 'Privileged' Isn't Helping Trans Activists