PHOTOS: The Hunks of From Here On Out
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 24 2014 11:00 AM ET
As Here TV’s new sitcom, From Here On Out, gears up for its March 28 release date, the hunky stars of the series cuddled up with The Advocate for a chat about their favorite behind-the-scenes moments, working with the outstanding cast (including Emmy-winner Juliet Mills), and how they felt the first time they saw the debut episode.
The show is set in a highly fictionalized version of Here TV, the network owned by the same parent company as The Advocate.
T.J. Hoban (Sam Decker)
Leading man in a fictional Here TV show called "Guy Dubai: International Gay Spy," Decker convinces everyone he's gay to keep the part.
On his most memorable blooper during filming: "It was during the filming of 'Kill Or Be Kilt' when Suzanne Whang repeatedly asked in the Korean voice of Divina with a scottish accent, 'Would you like a damn of whiskey?' It took every fiber in my being not to crack during filming."
On personal challenges he faced while filming: “I had to kiss a guy and show my butt, two things I've never done before. That was definitely a challenge. Believe it or not I'm shy by nature. I had to get over that real quick. But, the struggles that I had in real life as an actor parallel those of my character Sam Decker. So I believe those feelings actually served me well, and when you watch you'll see that I'm not faking it.”
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death