11 Reasons Mitchell and Cameron Belong Together
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 21 2014 5:34 PM ET
REASON 7: Because their family loves and accepts them.
Mitchell was legitimately worried about announcing to his family that he and Cameron had just adopted baby Lily, but even after the ridiculous theatrics of introducing her Lion King-style, everyone rallies around them. Even Jay, who is, deep down, a big old softie. Having the love and support of your extended family is definitely helpful when you're ready to settle down and start your own.
REASON 10: They're willing to confront old issues, even when it's uncomfortable.
Cameron confronts Mitchell's trouble kissing Cam in public. Eventually, Gloria realizes it's because Jay wasn't affectionate with Mitchell as a boy. That leads to Jay and Mitchell sharing a very awkward but well-intentioned display of affection, and then Mitch and Cam's own kiss. Does that mean that Mitchell is going to make out with Cam at the mall? Not necessarily. He's just not that kind of a guy. But maybe now he isn't as averse to the idea.
- Yet Another Court Tells Bobby Jindal to Issue Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers