Daytime Emmy Awards Selects Social Media Ambassadors
BY Daniel Reynolds
June 18 2014 5:30 AM ET
The Daytime Emmy Awards is offering viewers a virtual backstage pass for the first time.
Here Media, the parent company of The Advocate and executive producer for the event's red carpet and social media, has selected four social media mavens with a combined audience of more than 10 million followers to give the at-home audience an inside look at the red carpet, ceremony, and other behind-the-scenes spots June 22 at The Beverly Hilton.
Chosen for their prominent online presence, brand alignment with the Daytime Emmys, and reputation for excellence, the four social media ambassadors will each tackle a different corner of the online world: Lauren Elizabeth on Twitter, Brittany Furlan on Vine, Jessica Harlow on Facebook, and Meghan Rosette on Instagram. Throughout the evening, these women will post shareable content, including interactions with celebrities and award winners backstage. Follow the hashtag #DaytimeEmmys for their live updates on Twitter, Vine, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
This also marks the first year that the awards ceremony, set to be hosted by Kathy Griffin, will broadcast globally through online streaming. Fans are invited to get involved by naming their favorite nominee by voting on Facebook. The winner of the Fan Favorite Award will be announced immediately after the awards.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Interception: Clemson Football Coach Withdraws From Antigay Fundraiser
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?