PHOTOS: The LGBT Characters of True Blood
BY Daniel Reynolds
June 20 2014 6:00 AM ET
Eddie Gauthier (Stephen Root) appeared in the first season of True Blood as a lonely middle-aged vampire who gave Lafayette his blood in exchange for sex. He was later kidnapped and imprisoned in the basement of Jason Stackhouse, where he and his love interest at the time, Amy, drained him of his ecstasy-inducing vitae. He was eventually staked by Amy, but his memory stayed with Jason, serving as a reminder that not all vampires are evil.
Naomi (Vedette Lim, pictured right) is a mixed martial arts competitor and the former girlfriend of Tara Thornton. A recurring character in season 4, she left after Tara, who feared for their safety due to vampire attacks, ended their relationship.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- WATCH: The Weirdest Antigay Marriage Arguments Before the Supreme Court
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job