Mitchell Anderson's Second Run
BY Jim Farmer
February 08 2008 1:00 AM ET
acting gigs will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
“I don't really have plans to go and pursue acting
again, but I have to say, it’s been
enjoyable,” says Anderson. “I am afraid a
little part of me has the ‘bug’ again,
but then I show up in the kitchen at 5 a.m. and the
bug goes away! If the right project presents itself,
it’s not an automatic ‘no’ like
it was for the last three years, but I have to really
respond to the work.”
Anderson isn’t nearly the activist he used to be
either. “I feel like my political life is about
living, what I call the quiet activism of everyday
life,” he says. “Richie and I live and work in
a community in which we share our lives—openly
and happily. We are a happy family with our cat Elmo.
We let our world in, and I think that is about as
political as you can get, especially in Georgia.”
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- WATCH: Is CNN Coverage of Virginia Gunman Homophobic?
- Texas Antigay Group Raising Money to Fight LGBT 'Army'
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Antigay Kentucky Clerk Makes Emergency Appeal to Supreme Court