Without Her We're Nothing
BY Job Brother
November 18 2008 12:00 AM ET
What kind of conversations have you had with your
daughter about sexuality and the circumstances
she’s being raised in? We’ve never had a definitive conversation
about it. We’re living in New York and L.A.,
fortunately, and she’s surrounded by all kinds of
amazing people, and she goes to a fabulous school --
it’s never been an issue. But she gets it. She
understands the struggle of other people. She’s
aware of what’s been happening politically, and
she’s very interested and involved with it.
Has your daughter seen the film version of this show? Bits and pieces. I don’t think
it’s necessary to expose her to all of my work
at this point. There’s a time and a place for her to
fully understand what I do as a performer.
She’s come to my live shows and loves being
around the musicians, but I don’t think she’s
interested in pursuing it herself. I’m glad
about that. [Laughs]
If you could give advice to the Sandra of 20 years
ago, what would it be? Oh, there’s no way I would! Without the
Sandra of 20 years ago I wouldn’t be who I am
today. Would I repeat some of those things now? No, of
course not, but I think everything I’ve gone
through and allowed myself to experience has led me to
the next level of maturity and spiritual awareness. I
don’t regret anything I’ve done in my life.
I’ve certainly never hurt anybody or been
malicious. I try to keep everything on the up-and-up.
I’m pretty happy with the different experiences
I’ve had along the way.
Well, that’s it. We’re done! Thank you. You
know, I saw the film version of Without You
I’m Nothing when it first came out,
and it had a profound impact on me and ... well,
I’ve been a roadie for you ever since. [Laughs] Well, good. Come and lift some
For information or to order tickets go toSandra Bernhard.com.
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM
- Books Gay Propaganda Brings Russian Love Stories to Light March 06 2014 6:06 PM
- Film Jamie Lee Curtis Bringing Life of First Gay Baseball Player to Big Screen March 06 2014 5:48 PM
- Politics Here's Why Facebook Is Sponsoring Right-Wing CPAC March 06 2014 5:12 PM
- Media News Anchor on Russia's RT Network Quits Job on Air in Protest March 06 2014 4:34 PM