BY Ross von Metzke
January 13 2009 1:00 AM ET
A visibly moved
Sykes told the crowd that Prop. 8 had made gay people
good and mad -- and when we get mad, look out.
The evening hit
many a high note -- Hilty, who heads off to Broadway now
that L.A.’s production of Wicked has closed to
resume her role as Doralee in the new musical 9 to
5, hit a home run with her take on the Heart smash
“What About Love”; Bean flexed her R&B
vocal muscle with the lead single off her debut album,
“Superhero”; and hottie Barrett Foa of
Avenue Q and The 25th Annual Putnam County
Spelling Bee fame charmed the crowd with a
song and an impromptu shout-out to Phyllis Lyon
and Del Martin -- the first same-sex couple to be
married in the state of California.
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- Op-ed: How The Way He Looks Will Open Your Eyes