Moises Kaufman, Musicologist?
BY Robert Hilferty
March 03 2009 1:00 AM ET
Did you have any epiphanies about the variations, how they
Well, I'm not a musicologist, but a musicologist of "The
Diabelli Variations." An expert. The hypothesis that
Katherine comes up with at the end of the play -- that
Beethoven's variations are a way of slowing down time -- is an
original musicological hypothesis.
Your very own?
Yes. Kinderman says it's valid. By the way, you don't have to
know music to enjoy this play.
You probably turn people on to music, press their curiosity
The recording by Diane Walsh, who plays snippets of the piece
during the show, is selling like crazy each night.
How was working with Jane Fonda?
Fabulous. She's fantastic and a genius. She's incredibly kind
and incredibly generous.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays