Moises Kaufman, Musicologist?
BY Robert Hilferty
March 03 2009 1:00 AM ET
Did you have any epiphanies about the variations, how they
Well, I'm not a musicologist, but a musicologist of "The
Diabelli Variations." An expert. The hypothesis that
Katherine comes up with at the end of the play -- that
Beethoven's variations are a way of slowing down time -- is an
original musicological hypothesis.
Your very own?
Yes. Kinderman says it's valid. By the way, you don't have to
know music to enjoy this play.
You probably turn people on to music, press their curiosity
The recording by Diane Walsh, who plays snippets of the piece
during the show, is selling like crazy each night.
How was working with Jane Fonda?
Fabulous. She's fantastic and a genius. She's incredibly kind
and incredibly generous.
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- One Book to Change Them All
- Millennials Losing Their Religion, Keeping God
- God and the Gay Christian: Southern Baptist Leader Objects
- Oregon Marriage Ban Goes to Court Today, Without NOM's Defense
- WATCH: Mayor's Antigay Remarks 'Crushing,' Says Fired Police Chief