Moises Kaufman, Musicologist?
BY Robert Hilferty
March 03 2009 12:00 AM ET
Did you have any epiphanies about the variations, how they
Well, I'm not a musicologist, but a musicologist of "The
Diabelli Variations." An expert. The hypothesis that
Katherine comes up with at the end of the play -- that
Beethoven's variations are a way of slowing down time -- is an
original musicological hypothesis.
Your very own?
Yes. Kinderman says it's valid. By the way, you don't have to
know music to enjoy this play.
You probably turn people on to music, press their curiosity
The recording by Diane Walsh, who plays snippets of the piece
during the show, is selling like crazy each night.
How was working with Jane Fonda?
Fabulous. She's fantastic and a genius. She's incredibly kind
and incredibly generous.
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 4:00 AM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM