BY Duane Wells
September 10 2009 3:00 PM ET
Designed to leave no emotional angle untouched, the combination of plays slated to be performed at this weekend's star-studded fund-raiser will include a wide range of styles and approaches -- from tender stories to hilarious, campy romps. In fact, Queer as Folk's Peter Paige, who will appear in a play called The Revision alongside Heroes star Adrian Pasdar, promises that Standing on Ceremony will offer a little something for every taste.
"There will be some very, very funny stuff, some very moving stuff, some wry, interesting, thought-provoking stuff...and the good news is if you don't like one of the plays, it's only five minutes long," Paige jokes.
One thing Paige is not laughing about, however, is the subject matter behind the gay marriage plays or his response to Prop. 8. The actor says he hopes the event will say to anti–marriage equality activists, "You will be embarrassed by your position on this issue. You will one day look at yourself like George Wallace standing on the steps screaming 'segregation forever.' You will be ashamed of your stance on this in the very near future."
Popular drag performer Coco Peru, who has been tapped to serve as mistress of ceremonies for Standing on Ceremony, concurs with Paige, though she says she has a slightly different message for anti–gay marriage activists.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM