Leslie Jordan: My 10 Favorite Drag Songs
BY Advocate Contributors
April 14 2010 3:20 PM ET
Bobbie Gentry: "Fancy" — Well, "the long red dress slit up to my hips" was only to be imagined, as the resources in my locked bedroom were few and far between. "Might'a been born just plain white trash" was spit out like it came from the bottom of my little heart. The imaginary audience would go ape-shit.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'