Leslie Jordan: My 10 Favorite Drag Songs
BY Advocate Contributors
April 14 2010 3:20 PM ET
Jeannie C. Riley: "Harper Valley PTA" — Another peppy song with a strong story line.... Boy Howdy! When I got to the part where the mother gives it to the PTA with both barrels, I was unstoppable. Standing there in my miniskirt made out of a bath towel, I elicited real fear in my imaginary audience.
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- #27BiStories: When Did You Come Out? What Was The Response Like?
- Slate's Dear Prudence Tells Bisexual Reader to Stay Closeted