Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for September 2010
BY Brandon Voss
September 09 2010 1:30 PM ET
CollaborationTown made an indelible impact on me with The Momentum, a performance piece inspired by teachings of the Jewish priest Ezra. Created by TJ Witham with its three actors, Geoffrey Decas O’Donnell, Jordan Seavey, and Boo Killebrew, this self-help seminar, directed by Lee Sunday Evans to show cracks as they struggle to buy their own BS, ends with three exquisite second-person monologues about relationships — two gay and one straight.
Lost and Found, Over and Over, South Pathetic, The Twentieth-Century Way, When Last We Flew, and Bunked! are among the 21 shows selected for this year’s FringeNYC Encore Series, which runs through September 26 at the Players Theatre, the Lucille Lortel Theatre, and the Huron Club at Soho Playhouse. For a detailed performance schedule, visit www.fringenyc-encores.com.
- Parenting What's in My Dad Bag? 22 min 7 sec ago
- Politics Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First? 1 hour 22 min ago
- Current Issue One Issue Still Bucks The Trend for LGBT Equality 2 hours 22 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 4:00 AM
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM