Seat Filler: NYC Theater Guide for March 2011
BY Brandon Voss
April 07 2011 4:25 PM ET
Transport Group of last year’s Boys in the Band revival returns with a more challenging, less accessible site-specific flashback: Michael John LaChiusa’s century-spanning 1993 musical about sexual flings inspired by Schnitzler’s La Ronde. Bare-assed trysts include Bob Stillman as a closeted “Husband” and Blake Daniel as a “Young Thing” on the Titanic, followed by the ’70s seduction of the PYT by Jonathan Hammond’s “Writer.”
Transport Group at 52 Mercer St., through April 10.
Bring Us the Head of Your Daughter
The economically extremist troupe known as the Amoralists satirically spit on religious homophobes with writer-director Derek Ahonen’s bold cautionary tale — subtitled “a love story about lesbians and a cannibal ... told with dignity” — about an interracial lesbian couple terrorized when their runaway daughter is accused of a cannibalistic murder spree. The bloated script is promising, but the production’s uneven and miscast.
PS 122, through April 24.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Artist Spotlight: Chris von Steiner