BY Brandon Voss
April 07 2011 3:25 PM ET
Transport Group of last year’s Boys in the Band revival returns with a more challenging, less accessible site-specific flashback: Michael John LaChiusa’s century-spanning 1993 musical about sexual flings inspired by Schnitzler’s La Ronde. Bare-assed trysts include Bob Stillman as a closeted “Husband” and Blake Daniel as a “Young Thing” on the Titanic, followed by the ’70s seduction of the PYT by Jonathan Hammond’s “Writer.”
Transport Group at 52 Mercer St., through April 10.
Bring Us the Head of Your Daughter
The economically extremist troupe known as the Amoralists satirically spit on religious homophobes with writer-director Derek Ahonen’s bold cautionary tale — subtitled “a love story about lesbians and a cannibal ... told with dignity” — about an interracial lesbian couple terrorized when their runaway daughter is accused of a cannibalistic murder spree. The bloated script is promising, but the production’s uneven and miscast.
PS 122, through April 24.
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Joe Rogan Has Gay Locker Room Stalker
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 2 hours 6 min ago
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination December 07 2013 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer December 07 2013 4:00 AM