Seat Filler: Best NYC Theater of 2011
BY Brandon Voss
January 02 2012 1:39 PM ET
1. Go Back to Where You Are
This ingeniously surreal, self-aware comedy could have only come from the odd mind of out actor-playwright David Greenspan. The quirky Some Men star played a shapeshifting chorus boy from ancient Greece who falls for a handsome widower — Brian Hutchinson, who last played gay in Looped — when god-sent to present-day Long Island. Helmed by out director Leigh Silverman, it was the sweetest, strangest gay love story of the season.
Playwrights Horizons, closed May 1.
The Judy Show – My Life as a Sitcom
On a Clear Day You Can See Forever
The Intelligent Homosexual’s Guide to Capitalism and Socialism with a Key to the Scriptures
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Op-ed: Why LGBT and the GOP Are Better Together
- STUDY: Number of Married Same-Sex Couples Up by 50 Percent in Three Years