Seat Filler: Best NYC Theater of 2011
BY Brandon Voss
January 02 2012 1:39 PM ET
1. Go Back to Where You Are
This ingeniously surreal, self-aware comedy could have only come from the odd mind of out actor-playwright David Greenspan. The quirky Some Men star played a shapeshifting chorus boy from ancient Greece who falls for a handsome widower — Brian Hutchinson, who last played gay in Looped — when god-sent to present-day Long Island. Helmed by out director Leigh Silverman, it was the sweetest, strangest gay love story of the season.
Playwrights Horizons, closed May 1.
The Judy Show – My Life as a Sitcom
On a Clear Day You Can See Forever
The Intelligent Homosexual’s Guide to Capitalism and Socialism with a Key to the Scriptures
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Hundreds Attend Satanic Statue Unveiling in Detroit Despite Terrorist Threats
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- These Are the U.S. Trans Women Killed in 2015