Broadway Bares 2012: The Solo Strips
BY Christopher Harrity
April 12 2012 1:00 PM ET
The Broadway Bares performers make raising money for Equity Fights AIDS so much fun you might feel a little guilty. But pony up folks, that dollar bill you tuck in that special place is going to help people in need.
Solo Strips harkens back to the Broadway Bares roots, when creator and executive producer Jerry Mitchell organized a benefit burlesque show featuring himself and six friends performing original strips at a bar for a $10 donation plus whatever tips the audience gave the dancers. Solo Strips is a lead-up event to the big show, Broadway Bares, on June 17, and this year's Broadway Bares theme is Happy Endings — the fairy tale kind.
Pictured on the following pages are the featured dancers for this year's event to be held May 6 at XL Club. For more information: broadwaycares.org/bares2012solostrips.
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 10 Great Graphic Novel Gifts 1 hour 16 min ago
- Parenting Baby Coming? Here Are the Top Baby Names of 2013 2 hours 35 sec ago
- Year in Review Meet the People Fired for Being LGBT in 2013 5:30 AM
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 12 Excellent Gifts for Those Who Indulge 4:19 AM
- Women WATCH: Gaga & Xtina's Amazing '70s-era Lesbian Duet of "Do What U Want!" 2:04 AM
- Year in Review The Big Ideas of 2013 12:47 AM
- Marriage Equality NOH8 Founders Adam Bouska & Jeff Parshley on Campaign's 5th Anniversary December 17 2013 9:23 PM