Broadway Bares 2012: The Solo Strips
BY Christopher Harrity
April 12 2012 2:00 PM ET
The Broadway Bares performers make raising money for Equity Fights AIDS so much fun you might feel a little guilty. But pony up folks, that dollar bill you tuck in that special place is going to help people in need.
Solo Strips harkens back to the Broadway Bares roots, when creator and executive producer Jerry Mitchell organized a benefit burlesque show featuring himself and six friends performing original strips at a bar for a $10 donation plus whatever tips the audience gave the dancers. Solo Strips is a lead-up event to the big show, Broadway Bares, on June 17, and this year's Broadway Bares theme is Happy Endings — the fairy tale kind.
Pictured on the following pages are the featured dancers for this year's event to be held May 6 at XL Club. For more information: broadwaycares.org/bares2012solostrips.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Harvey Milk Day Has Group Worried About 'Indoctrinating' Kids
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women SheWired Shot of the Day: Chloe Sevigny Absolut-ly Sizzles for Elyxr 15 min 10 sec ago
- Crime Arrest Made in Latest Antigay Attack in NYC 25 min 53 sec ago
- Youth Anonymous Boy Scouts Employee Says Antigay Policy Hurts Business 30 min 30 sec ago
- Youth Harvey Milk Day Has Group Worried About 'Indoctrinating' Kids 46 min 30 sec ago
- Theater See Which Hunk Won the 2013 Broadway Beauty Pageant 50 min 16 sec ago
- Politicians Harvey Milk Day: First Park in Nation Named for Rights Pioneer 1 hour 3 min ago
- Entertainment News Karl Lagerfeld's Cat Has A Better Life Than You 1 hour 36 min ago