Broadway Bares 2012: The Solo Strips
BY Christopher Harrity
April 12 2012 2:00 PM ET
The Broadway Bares performers make raising money for Equity Fights AIDS so much fun you might feel a little guilty. But pony up folks, that dollar bill you tuck in that special place is going to help people in need.
Solo Strips harkens back to the Broadway Bares roots, when creator and executive producer Jerry Mitchell organized a benefit burlesque show featuring himself and six friends performing original strips at a bar for a $10 donation plus whatever tips the audience gave the dancers. Solo Strips is a lead-up event to the big show, Broadway Bares, on June 17, and this year's Broadway Bares theme is Happy Endings — the fairy tale kind.
Pictured on the following pages are the featured dancers for this year's event to be held May 6 at XL Club. For more information: broadwaycares.org/bares2012solostrips.
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Michael Musto Is Never Getting Married
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- Mike Huckabee Urges 'Free Kim Davis'; Others Call Her a Rosa Parks
- Op-ed: It Doesn't Matter How Many Times Kim Davis Was Wed