Broadway Bares 2012: The Solo Strips
BY Christopher Harrity
April 12 2012 2:00 PM ET
The Broadway Bares performers make raising money for Equity Fights AIDS so much fun you might feel a little guilty. But pony up folks, that dollar bill you tuck in that special place is going to help people in need.
Solo Strips harkens back to the Broadway Bares roots, when creator and executive producer Jerry Mitchell organized a benefit burlesque show featuring himself and six friends performing original strips at a bar for a $10 donation plus whatever tips the audience gave the dancers. Solo Strips is a lead-up event to the big show, Broadway Bares, on June 17, and this year's Broadway Bares theme is Happy Endings — the fairy tale kind.
Pictured on the following pages are the featured dancers for this year's event to be held May 6 at XL Club. For more information: broadwaycares.org/bares2012solostrips.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy