Broadway Bares Has Character
BY Christopher Harrity
May 11 2012 12:00 PM ET
Above: Eddie Rabon with Armando Farfan Jr., Michael Blatt, and Mike Russo
One of the more hotly anticipated fundraiser shows of the year is the annual Broadway Bares extravaganza. Last year it raised $1,103,072 for the charity. And today the group released a few preview shots of the heroes and villains audiences will meet in this very adult take on classic fairy tales.
Broadway Bares XXII: Happy Endings will take place June 17 at 9:30 p.m. and midnight at New York City's Roseland Ballroom. It is produced by and benefits Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. Broadway performers have stripped down to raise money as part of the event since its inception in 1988.
Jerry Mitchell is the creator and executive producer. Tickets and other information available at broadwaycares.org.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo 1 hour 15 min ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 2 hours 15 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM