PHOTOS: Broadway Bares a Winter Burlesque
BY Christopher Harrity
February 07 2013 4:00 AM ET
"Burlesque Is Back" Lauren Gemelli, Samantha Berger, Angie Schworer, Jenny Gruby, and Sarah Grooms
Broadway Bares turned New York City's XL Nightclub into a steamy wonderland on January 27, as Winter Burlesque heated up the stage for two standing-room-only performances. The official kickoff of the 2013 Broadway Bares season, Winter Burlesque raised an impressive $35,428 for Broadway Cares.
Winter Burlesque included some of Broadway Bares's most memorable numbers and featured a cast of 25 sizzling dancers who strutted and stripped to raise money for those battling AIDS and other life-threatening illnesses.
Bringing heat to a cold wintry night, the show began with Broadway veteran Angie Schworer taking the stage as a naughty master of ceremonies, leading a bevy of buxom beauties in the original Broadway Bares number "Burlesque Is Back," which was first staged by Bares executive producer Jerry Mitchell and written by Andrew Lippa for Broadway Bares XIII.
See Photos From the Performances on the Following Pages.
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! 8 min 27 sec ago
- Sports Chicago Gay Hockey Association Wins at Celebrating Christmas 38 min 33 sec ago
- Entertainment News Paul Rudd On Witnessing a Drag Queen Brawl 1 hour 5 min ago
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Airline 1 hour 8 min ago
- The Wedding Channel Gay Couples to Wed Atop 2014 Rose Parade Float 1 hour 40 min ago
- Music The Shondes: On Mixing Music & Politics 1 hour 40 min ago
- Travel London's Gay Travel Expo: Pool Party, Models, Giant Shoes 2 hours 23 min ago